Although it seems difficult, adding value to your home is not as hard as it may seem. A few simple upgrades and home improvement projects can easily improve the curb appeal of your home. Replacing damaged or outdated exterior components of your home, as well as following these five tips , can easily freshen up your home. Gilkey Windows & Exterior Solutions is a great resource for Central Kentucky replacement windows, replacement doors and replacement siding for all of your home improvement needs!
- Replace Old Windows – Replacing all of the old, outdated windows in your home will not only improve the appearance of your home, but also help you save on heating and cooling bills. New energy efficient vinyl windows require very little maintenance and never need to be painted or refreshed. Gilkey Windows & Exterior Solutions sells replacement windows with strong frames to withstand most of the stresses in your home. If you are not ready to part with the traditional wood window look, Gilkey’s Infinity windows replicate the look of classic wood windows with modern features and improved energy efficiency.
- Upgrade to Bay Windows or French Doors – Upgrading select windows in your home to bay windows or upgrading sliding doors to French doors can make your home more visually appealing, both internally and externally. Bay windows add extra living space and the potential for a window seat. French doors allow ample amounts of light to flood into your home while serving as a stylish point of entry. AtGilkey Windows & Exterior Solutions , there are many different bay window options or French door options that can add value to your home!
- Upgrade the Home’s Entry and Exterior – Whether you stick with large renovations or simple improvements, upgrading your home’s entry and exterior will easily add value to your home. Replacing the lock set on your door is a simple upgrade that gives the illusion that the home is well-built and well-maintained. To really increase your home’s value, replace the door entirely to add curb appeal. Gilkey Windows & Exterior Solutions has a large variety of exterior doors available to freshen up your home’s entry. In addition to reviving the entry, pay attention the home’s exterior. Repair or replace any siding that is discolored, broken or damaged. If you have a larger budget, consider replacing the siding entirely with the durable and strong vinyl siding from Gilkey Windows & Exterior Solutions. The one thing that you should definitely do to add value to your home is to clean and repair the gutters. Not only do broken gutters detract from your home, they can also cause structural damage . Gilkey Windows & Exterior Solutions has a clog free gutter system that is guaranteed to never pull away from the home.
- Add a Fresh Coat of Paint – A quick and easy way to add value to your home is to apply a fresh coat of paint to high traffic areas of your home. Not only does new paint freshen up your home, it also protects your walls from everyday wear and tear. If you are planning on selling your home soon, stick to neutral colors and off-white colors that appeal to a variety of home buyers.
- Maintain a Well-Landscaped Yard – The exterior and landscaped areas surrounding your home are the first things people see when they drive past or visit. Keeping your yard well-landscaped adds significant curb appeal. Your landscaping can range from normal tasks, like raking up leaves, pulling weeds, and mowing the lawn, to simple improvements, like adding flowerbeds and new mulch, to more complex enhancements, such as adding sod or new grass seed, fertilizing, or hiring a professional landscaper. Even the smallest landscape improvement can add a large amount of value to your home!