How many windows are in your home? Take a minute to close your eyes and mentally tour your home, walking from room to room and counting windows. After all, every window is essential, each an important aspect of your home, and each can be an asset or a vulnerability depending on their condition. So, when taking a mental inventory of the windows in your home, it’s essential to consider their condition as well.
How many of your existing windows let in a draft? How many cause grief when trying to open or close or don’t even open at all anymore? Depending on your answers to these questions, it may be time for you to look into getting new windows. If it’s time for new windows for your home, connect with our team at Gilkey Windows & Exterior Solutions for help shopping the latest styles of modern residential windows. Let’s look at ways you can tell if your windows need to be replaced.
5 Signs You Need New Windows
- Damage to glass or frame: A simple visual inspection of a window can tell you if a window needs replacement. Look for any cracks or damage to the glass pane or window frame.
- Drafts: Windows keep the weather out, so if you feel a draft is coming from them, you know they are not doing their job and need replacing.
- Single-pane Windows: Single-pane windows speak to a dated aesthetic and offer lower efficiency compared to modern window styles.
- High Energy Bills: If windows can’t stop unwanted energy from coming in or escaping, it becomes impossible to regulate internal temperatures, leading to the additional need for heating/cooling, resulting in higher energy bills.
- Hard to Operate: If your windows are hard to open, only open partially, or are immobile, it is time to replace them because broken windows will never reach optimal performance and can be a safety hazard during an emergency.
Now, if you’ve identified windows in your home that need to be replaced, but you’re hedging on whether it’s worth the cost, consider this – the benefits of installing new windows will reverberate throughout your entire home (and in your wallet), helping to create comfortable environments that are both cost and energy efficient.
5 Benefits of New Windows
- Energy Efficiency: Not only do new windows elevate your home’s energy efficiency by blocking energy loss, but this control also makes interior spaces more comfortable for residents year-round.
- Home Safety: From making it harder for intruders to get in to make it easier for residents to get out during an emergency, fully functioning new windows make your home a physically safer place. They can also offer protection against unseen enemies like UV, safeguarding both the people and items in your home.
- Quieter Interiors: The additional insulation in new windows also helps reduce noise and create a more peaceful home environment.
- Improved Home Value: New windows look great on the outside, elevating curb appeal, and they add natural light, aesthetic upgrades, and energy efficiency on the inside, all of which can help improve your home’s estimated value.
- Easy-to-Clean: If your home is busy or you don’t want to spend time cleaning, explore options for new windows with built-in blinds.
Ready to elevate your home with new windows? Request a consultation with our Gilkey Windows & Exterior Solutions team near Lexington, Kentucky, to start the process. Gilkey Windows & Exterior Solutions serves homeowners across central Kentucky, and we can’t wait to help you!